Classroom help center
USA:(+1) 415 992-7270
How to enable echo cancellation in Google Chrome
Are you joining a meeting?
- Classroom boton play My first meeting
- Classroom Using the virtual classroom
- Classroom Inviting people to a public meeting
- Classroom Inviting people to a private meeting
- Classroom Customizing my account
- Classroom Uploading documents to a meeting
- Classroom Customizing invitation emails
- Classroom How to join a meeting
- Classroom How do I configure my microphone and camera from within the virtual room?
- Classroom How do I share my desktop?
- Classroom How do I control permissions? How do I share documents?
- Classroom boton play My free trial is over, How can I pay to keep using it? (Pay with my Paypal account)
- Classroom boton play My free trial is over, how can I pay to keep using it? (Pay with a debit or credit card)
- Schedule and edit courses
- Invite people
- Technical requirements
- Virtual room
- Upload and share documents
How do I schedule a course?
Log in to your account with your username and password. Click on "Schedule meeting" to create a new meeting for a future date. Click on "Meet now" if you wish to create a course to be used inmediatly.
Can I schedule two courses at the same time and date? How could I do it?
It is not possible to schedule two meetings at the same date and time, since after scheduling the first one, the room will be considered occupied for that specific date and time. You can do this by holding the meetings in two separate virtual rooms.
Does the link to access a course change if I edit the course?
No, the link remains the same no matter what you edit in the course.
How can I prevent participants from sharing the link to a course?
You can create a private course (take a look at our videotutorial "How to create a private course").
How do I pay?
Log into the management area. Now click on "My account" and then on the button "Buy Now". You will now see the different payment options, monthly, quarterly or yearly. All payments are secure through Paypal with all major credit cards or Mercadopago if you are in Argentina.
I do not have a Paypal account. Is there any alternate payment method?
How can I cancel my automatic payment suscription?
You must log into your Paypal account, find the proper suscription and cancel it.
How can I record a course?
To record a session, once in the virtual room, click on the [REC] icon to start recording (a red dot will start blinking). If you click this button again the recording will be stopped.
What gets recorded when I hit the record button?
All audio and documents published on the whiteboard. Videos on the whiteboard or desktop sharing do not get recorded.
Can I record a course and share it later?
Only presenters are granted access to recordings. However, once the recording is processed, they will be able to share it as they see fit, even uploading it as a document to a new course for participants to watch.
Do participantes need to create an account to access a course?
No, only your account is needed. You share the hyperlink, they click and join the course.
How do I invite people to a private meeting?
- You must click on "Add presenters" or "Add participants" once the course has been created.
- Click on "Send invitations".
- You should click on "Add presenters" or "Add participants" once the meeting has been created. Then click on the button labeled Finish.
- Finally, click on "Send invitations".
- They will receive an automatic and personalized invitation in the email inbox.
Can I invite people posting the link on social networks?
Yes, as long as the meeting is public, you can post and share the link on Facebook, Twitter or wherever.
What is the difference between presenters and attendees?
- Presenters are in charge of the virtual room. They assign permissions to participants (for audio, video or whiteboard), they can record the meeting, share their screen, upload and share documents as well as enable or disable the chat room.
- Participants can only share audio and video when enabled by a presenter. However they can use the private chat if they wish.
How do I invite people to a course?
After you schedule a course, select it and click on the button "Invite people". You will see links for presenters and attendees. To invite people simply send the links using the tools provided or by copying and pasting the link wherever you wish.
My logo looks bad. Am I doing something wrong?
You might be uploading a logo which is a wrong size. Please check the recommended size: 163x63 pixels for the virtual room logo.
How can I change the logo for the management area?
In the management area go to "My Suscription". Now click on the "Customize" button. In this screen you can upload a background for the virtual room the recommendend size is 200x90px. Remember not all account types allow this type of customization.
How can I change the background for the virtual room?
In the management area go to My Suscription. Now click on the Customize" button. In this screen you can upload a background for the virtual room. Remember not all account types allow this type of customization.
How can I change the logo for the virtual room?
In the management area go to "My Suscription". Now click on the "Customize" button. In this screen you can upload a new logo for the virtual room. Remember not all account types allow this type of customization.
Which operating system should I use?
The service should be used with a browser running under any of the following platforms or operating systems:
- Microsoft Windows XP SP3
- Microsoft Vista SP1
- Microsoft Windows 7, 8
- Apple Mac OSX 10
- GNU/Linux (Ubuntu desktop 11 32 bits)
What is the minimum bandwidth you need?
The mimimun required download bandwidth is 150kbps for each camera and microphone present in the classroom, plus and additional 150kbps for upload in case of broadcasting video. Server latency (ping time in milliseconds) should be under 200ms in all cases.
Why does the bandwidth check show a yellow warning? I have a broadband connection!
It means your connection is not working as fast as it should. There are many applications that consume bandwith simply by being open. It is recommended that you shut down all programs that might be using bandwidth, such as email, instant messaging, browsers or download programs. You might also want to check other computers with which you are sharing your internet connection. If you are on a wi-fi or mobile network you should make sure the signal is strong.
Do I need a special camera?
You can use any camera recognized by the operating system of your computer and detected by Adobe Flash. You must verify that there is no other application running that requires the desired webcam. The webcam must be connected before opening the browser you´ll use to enter the meeting (i.e., Internet Explorer) and remain connected during the session in case the assistant wants to use the video.
Do I need any special microphone?
You must have a computer microphone installed, connected to the audio system, recognized by the operating system of the computer and detected by Adobe Flash as available. You must verify that there is no other application running that requires the microphone. It must be connected before opening the browser you´ll use to enter to the meeting (i.e., Internet Explorer) and stay connected during the session in case you want to use the audio wizard in the session.
I can use both? Speakers as headphones?
It is recommended you use headphones to avoid echo problems. There should be an audio system installed on the computer, recognized by the operating system and detected by Adobe Flash.
To use Wormhole Classroom correctly we suggest using any of the following, in these versions or newer:
What is the minimum hardware's required?
- Processor Intel Pentium 4 1 GHz.
- Ram Memory available at the beginning of the session: 256 MB
- Hard Drive Free Space: 1GB.
- Adobe Flash Player (versions 8.0,9.0,10.3)
- Microsoft Windows XP SP3, Microsoft Vista SP1, Microsoft Windows 7, Apple Mac OSX 10 or GNU/Linux (Ubuntu desktop 11 32 bits)
What version of Adobe Flash do I have? how can I update it?
You can find out if Flash is installed and it's version by visiting this site:
How many courses can I schedule?
As many as you wish. Wormhole Classroom is unlimited and with a flat rate, you pay the same no matter how many courses you schedule.
Can attendees download the documents I have uploaded?
Participants must press on the icon "Options Menu Documents" of the virtual room. Pressing flips the board and you'll see the uploaded documents available for download in their original format. The documents are visible to download if the presenter enabled it.
How do I allow attendees to broadcast audio, video or use of the whiteboard?
To change permissions you must access the meeting with a presenter account. If you have, simply click on the name of the person and a menu will open up:
- Enable Audio only
- Enable Audio and Video
- Enable Whiteboard
- Enable Public chat
Can I upload new documents during a course?
Yes. You must have presenter rights to do it.
- Click on the documents icon on the top toolbar. You will see the whiteboard flip over.
- You will see a "Browse" button which enables you to upload new documents. Then you can project them onto the whiteboard from this same screen.
How can I convert my video to the supported formats?
You can convert videos to .flv, .mp4 (h.264) or .mov formats using the free software Any Video Converter, which can be found here
I do not see the animations when I upload a PowerPoint file, why is that?
The virtual whiteboard does not suppot powerpoint animations just yet. However you can share your desktop and open the powerpoint file locally.
What types of files can I upload and share on the whiteboard?
You can upload files from MS Office 2003, 2007, 2010 or OpenOffice. PDFs, text files, image files such as JPG or PNG are also supported. You can upload video files in .FLV, .MP4 (H.264) or .MOV format.