Founded by four young professionals, the Argentine firm Wormhole has been chosen by Telefónica to provide small businesses across the world with its online videoconferencing products.
Telefónica’s app store, the “Aplicateca”, has been providing the videoconferencing tool designed by Wormhole since September of last year. WWC is now reaching small businesses worldwide along with the thousands of users who have been part of Wormhole’s online community and its web conference tool for the past several years. In 2011, the number of videoconferences hosted by Wormhole tripled in comparison to 2010: 6,000 meetings were held last year compared to 2,000 in 2010. In addition, at the year’s end, Wormhole had over 20,000 unique users who take advantage of its services directly.
Thanks to Telefónica, the online videoconferencing tool supplied by Wormhole has now reaches international clients, allowing the Argentine firm to grow by 30% by capturing clients from the “cloud” set up by the communications company.
In a world that is increasingly communicating via Internet, online videoconferencing offers a platform for communications, training, meetings and for events broadcasted live via Internet. All a user needs is a PC with an Internet connections, making it a tool that can be used to give a class or a presentation for up to 500 people.
Wormhole's growth in online videoconferencing shows that more and more people have changed the way they communicate, choosing a simple and practical solution for business meetings, trainings, presentations or for transmitting events in real time.
Wormhole's video web conference allows you to save time and money without forfeiting quality. You will stay close to your business partners, suppliers and clients who are located in different cities or countries.
To use the tool, all you need is a broadband Internet connection, a web camera and a microphone. You don’t need to install any software or learn a new program.
With the online videoconference that Wormhole offers—a tool now also offered by Telefónica—you will take advantage of the following features:
- Limited Use A number of sessions can be performed that the user needs 24 hours a day
- Vicinity Share audio, video, virtual board, public or private chat, documents and a work area, like a presence meeting without moving from their office.
- Privacy Public or private meetings can be organized with an access code.
- Easy Adaptation The interface can be customized with the visual identity of the company.
- Big Capacity It enables access to multiple webcams and simultaneous participants.
- Collaboration It shares the user computer screen live with all other participants in the meeting room.
- Visibility The users of Wormhole Auditorium could share in full screen mode with video of what is happening.
- Simplicity All is needed is a broadband connection and a web browser.
- Recording Virtual meetings can be recorded to review them at a later time.
For more information, visit:Wormhole www.telefonica.com.ar/aplicateca