Using web conferencing tools this Online TV show is inviting viewers to participate on the show in a new and engaging way.
Journalist Andres Repetto started this february a new participative TV show which mixes traditional News TV practices with the latest technologies:
"Andrespretto.tv is new space which, thanks to interactive audiovisual technologies, allows me to communicate online with people watching the show. The idea is to share articles and interviews, listen to the viewer´s point of view on different subjects, the opinions of special guests, as well as adding my own",
said the journalist specialized in international news.
This new show can work this way thanks to Wormhole Live Learning, a web conferencing software which allows up to 1000 people to get connected simultaneously with the show in real time.
"Everyone is used to participating through chat messages, but when you invite them to join using their camera they just love it",
says the journalist.
The show is live on Thursdays at 7 (Argentina time, GMT -3:00). It invites viewers to get informed and collaborate firsthand with the people involved in different subjects of general interest:
"The objective is that we can use the new technologies, such as this one provided by Wormhole for mutual benefit. I have known of this tool for some time now, and always thought this was a great way to keep in touch with the people.",
The renowned journalist and analist of international subjects has experience in the so called "2.0 Commnunication". In 2009 he created the news portal The Global Observer, and a year later the news site Notio. Today he begins this new challenge which places him in the vanguard of communication, since he can, thanks to webconferencing, talk live with his viewers while he is on the air:
"The idea behind this show which I´ve named AR Online TV is to have guests who are specialists on a certain subject and then have the people talk with them directly just as I would. The first shows were about the glaciers of Peru, so I got in touch with two specialists. People participated with their cameras and microphones live while I coordinated. Thanks to the support of Wormhole´s team this project has taken shape and will be the spearhead for something bigger".
concluded Andres Repetto.
Advantages available with online video conference:
- Limited Use A number of sessions can be performed that the user needs 24 hours a day
- Vicinity Share audio, video, virtual board, public or private chat, documents and a work area, like a presence meeting without moving from their office.
- Privacy Public or private meetings can be organized with an access code.
- Easy Adaptation The interface can be customized with the visual identity of the company.
- Big Capacity It enables access to multiple webcams and simultaneous participants.
- Collaboration It shares the user computer screen live with all other participants in the meeting room.
- Visibility The users of Wormhole Auditorium could share in full screen mode with video of what is happening.
- Simplicity All is needed is a broadband connection and a web browser.
- RecordingVirtual meetings can be recorded to review them at a later time.